Skip to main content

Week 4-Feedback

 Feedback Strategies

After reading the two articles I have chosen to read which were "Try feedforward Instead of Feedback" and "Be a mirror", after reading these two i'll explain how my knowledge on feedback has gotten much bigger than before.

I already knew feedback was a very important thing but I didn't really think on how much different types of ways you can use feedback for example downward feedback which is one of the traditionally methods of information using feedback where the leaders would give downward feedback to their employees, and it's also the same way for employees can give feedback to their leaders which is called upward feedback.

But what I really liked about this article was how it said a big problem with all these types of feedback is that it focuses on the past and on what has already happened not on the infinite opportunities that can happen in the future, I liked this part of the article because I agree with this statement a lot because in my opinion what's the point of always talking about what you did wrong instead you should be focusing on future.

The second article I read "Be a mirror" talks about growth mindset and it talks about how some of these students progress much faster than others is because of their mindset, I think it's a good thing to have because all their skills like reading, problem solving can always improve and always get better to help them through the learning process, so basically a growth mindset you really believe in yourself and have very little self doubt, unlike a person with a fixed mindset believes that what ever abilities they have like reading or whatever even if it's good or bad is just gonna stay the way it is and their is absolutely no way for their skills to improve.

In my opinion feedback is a very good thing but it also depends on the person for example when I get feedback and their is a couple of bad feedback, I'm the type of person wouldn't be depressed about the negatives instead id be looking at it for what it is and now I can improve on it and look at the stuff I did right and improve on it, but a different person could have a completely different response.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annotated Biblographys

  Annotated Bibliography 1   Utah, Cami Buckley. “Is video game addiction real”. May 13 2020. A recent six-year study, the longest study ever done on video game addiction, found that about 90% of gamers do not play in a way that is harmful or causes negative long-term consequences. A significant minority, though, can become truly addicted to video games and as a result can suffer mentally, socially and behaviorally.   Who wrote the document:  Cami Buckley    What does the document discusses:  The aim of this particular study is to look at the longer terms and impact when it comes to people that have a particular relationship with video games and how playing video games for a period of time can do to a person over time, in this article it was based off of a six year study, the longest study ever done on video game addiction, and it’s also found that 90% of gamers do not play in a way that is harmful or causes negative long term consequences and it’s act...

Tutorial 06

 Week 19(07) In this lesson we learned how to use a user interface which overlays images and text on your science to show information. This section was pretty interesting I'll be honest but I wouldn't say that I enjoyed doing this but it was still pretty interesting to learn for example we learned how to create a UI canvas. We also had to use a rect transform and what that is it's basically still a transform but it has an additional UI data that you can look up later on and there was other functions like the canvas scaler. World interactions was pretty cool we learned how raycasting is very useful to interactive applications because it allows you to detect things like colliders, and I didn't know raycasting has a lot of other options depends on the type of game you are making for example to check whether there is anything between the main characters position and an enemy position.

Week 3-Unity Tutorial 01

 Week 3-Unity Tutorial 01 This is my blog Where I will be discussing my experience while doing Unity Tutorial 01, lesson1.1 was pretty simple the tutorial just shows us the basics on how to start up a project how and where to download your assets and put the assets into the game.We also learned the difference with the game view and scene view, what the project, hierarchy and inspector windows do, the different ways to navigate the 3D space we also learned how to customize  the layout so we can place and organise each of the windows to any spot that where we want it to be.  In lesson1.2  we started ti actual learn how to use functions in unity to make certain commands for a game, we learned how to move the vehicle to go down the road by using code by adding a script to the vehicle so it can move we also added scripts to obstacles as well and added mass to both the obstacle and vehicle to have impact when the vehicle hits the obstacle. In lesson1.3 we learned how chang...