Skip to main content

Week 17(05)

 Reading 05

I just finished doing reading 05 and I won't lie at first I had no clue to what was going on or how I had to do it, I was just watching the video and it didn't make no sense at first but I watched the video a couple more times and then it started to make more sense with the coding documents and coming up and making themes from the codes we have came up with from are Bibliographies that we have made in the past couple of weeks.

The topic that I was picked was video game addiction and how people get addicted to playing video games and why it's increasing more rapidly and it's one day going to become a more global issue as the years come up because even though video game addiction is still pretty small in the western countries unlike the Asian countries like china and Korea it will most likely increase over the years and thanks to the pandemic it's going to increase that's why I picked this topic.


This is some of the code that I picked it's very simple and as you can see the red outlines is what they relate to with the codes for example the no responsibilities code is basically how Charlie said when he was younger his parents would always tell him to stop being on the game so much but he would always have his homework done so he could combat what they would say about him playing his game to much, but when he went to college there was no parent to tell him that he was on the game to much so eventually he just stopped going to classes and just dropped out of college and went back home to live with his parents 



These are the five themes that I picked I believe that they are pretty good and cover almost if all the topics that would cover everything that is going on about video game addiction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial 06

 Week 19(07) In this lesson we learned how to use a user interface which overlays images and text on your science to show information. This section was pretty interesting I'll be honest but I wouldn't say that I enjoyed doing this but it was still pretty interesting to learn for example we learned how to create a UI canvas. We also had to use a rect transform and what that is it's basically still a transform but it has an additional UI data that you can look up later on and there was other functions like the canvas scaler. World interactions was pretty cool we learned how raycasting is very useful to interactive applications because it allows you to detect things like colliders, and I didn't know raycasting has a lot of other options depends on the type of game you are making for example to check whether there is anything between the main characters position and an enemy position.

Week 3-Unity Tutorial 01

 Week 3-Unity Tutorial 01 This is my blog Where I will be discussing my experience while doing Unity Tutorial 01, lesson1.1 was pretty simple the tutorial just shows us the basics on how to start up a project how and where to download your assets and put the assets into the game.We also learned the difference with the game view and scene view, what the project, hierarchy and inspector windows do, the different ways to navigate the 3D space we also learned how to customize  the layout so we can place and organise each of the windows to any spot that where we want it to be.  In lesson1.2  we started ti actual learn how to use functions in unity to make certain commands for a game, we learned how to move the vehicle to go down the road by using code by adding a script to the vehicle so it can move we also added scripts to obstacles as well and added mass to both the obstacle and vehicle to have impact when the vehicle hits the obstacle. In lesson1.3 we learned how chang...

Annotated Biblographys

  Annotated Bibliography 1   Utah, Cami Buckley. “Is video game addiction real”. May 13 2020. A recent six-year study, the longest study ever done on video game addiction, found that about 90% of gamers do not play in a way that is harmful or causes negative long-term consequences. A significant minority, though, can become truly addicted to video games and as a result can suffer mentally, socially and behaviorally.   Who wrote the document:  Cami Buckley    What does the document discusses:  The aim of this particular study is to look at the longer terms and impact when it comes to people that have a particular relationship with video games and how playing video games for a period of time can do to a person over time, in this article it was based off of a six year study, the longest study ever done on video game addiction, and it’s also found that 90% of gamers do not play in a way that is harmful or causes negative long term consequences and it’s act...