Skip to main content

Week 4-Reading

 Game Elements 



Reading the two articles What are the qualities of game design and Game design research  and watching the video of game design, helped me see where I need to know and understand the process of making a game and what I should be thinking when I start designing my game.

I liked the part in What are the qualities of game design in the critical analysis section, it opened my view on what I should be focusing on when I'm making my game, like what challenges are the players are going to face and how are they going to overcome these challenges or maybe if the game is repayable, does the game have many different ways to win or finish the game.

I also learned that critical analysis is very important for people that are into game design and how critical analysis is a skill because anyone can review a game but not everyone is going to be good at describing their thoughts when talking about the game, like the person reviewing the game can say "I like the game because it's fun and I'll rate the game a 10/10" It's very bland and it's not going to help the designers on to know why the game is fun, and a-lot of people can be very biased when they review games, they can like the game a-lot and just say how amazing the game is and not say anything about the flaws of the game and what the developers can improve on or the person can not like the game and can just point out all the flaws of the game and not mention what's actually good about the game, that's why it's better for people to review a game that has an unbiased opinion.

When I was watching the video on game design and how you should make many different prototypes for your game, I didn't think that you can make prototypes for your game in many ways like drawing the game or cutting pieces of paper and planning how the game is going to work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annotated Biblographys

  Annotated Bibliography 1   Utah, Cami Buckley. “Is video game addiction real”. May 13 2020. A recent six-year study, the longest study ever done on video game addiction, found that about 90% of gamers do not play in a way that is harmful or causes negative long-term consequences. A significant minority, though, can become truly addicted to video games and as a result can suffer mentally, socially and behaviorally.   Who wrote the document:  Cami Buckley    What does the document discusses:  The aim of this particular study is to look at the longer terms and impact when it comes to people that have a particular relationship with video games and how playing video games for a period of time can do to a person over time, in this article it was based off of a six year study, the longest study ever done on video game addiction, and it’s also found that 90% of gamers do not play in a way that is harmful or causes negative long term consequences and it’s act...

Tutorial 06

 Week 19(07) In this lesson we learned how to use a user interface which overlays images and text on your science to show information. This section was pretty interesting I'll be honest but I wouldn't say that I enjoyed doing this but it was still pretty interesting to learn for example we learned how to create a UI canvas. We also had to use a rect transform and what that is it's basically still a transform but it has an additional UI data that you can look up later on and there was other functions like the canvas scaler. World interactions was pretty cool we learned how raycasting is very useful to interactive applications because it allows you to detect things like colliders, and I didn't know raycasting has a lot of other options depends on the type of game you are making for example to check whether there is anything between the main characters position and an enemy position.

Week 3-Unity Tutorial 01

 Week 3-Unity Tutorial 01 This is my blog Where I will be discussing my experience while doing Unity Tutorial 01, lesson1.1 was pretty simple the tutorial just shows us the basics on how to start up a project how and where to download your assets and put the assets into the game.We also learned the difference with the game view and scene view, what the project, hierarchy and inspector windows do, the different ways to navigate the 3D space we also learned how to customize  the layout so we can place and organise each of the windows to any spot that where we want it to be.  In lesson1.2  we started ti actual learn how to use functions in unity to make certain commands for a game, we learned how to move the vehicle to go down the road by using code by adding a script to the vehicle so it can move we also added scripts to obstacles as well and added mass to both the obstacle and vehicle to have impact when the vehicle hits the obstacle. In lesson1.3 we learned how chang...