Skip to main content

Week 20(08)

Reading(08)

I just finished writing my essay and I don't know if we had to make the essay on a different topic because I won't lie I had to read what we had to do a lot of times so I'm pretty much assuming that we have to make the essay based on the topic that we have been doing for the past couple weeks and the topic that I have been doing and I'm actually enjoying because I'm learning something new and the topic I'm doing is video game addiction and how it will increase in the next couple years.

I watched all the videos on the page and it opened me up on how to write a better essay I tried to apply what I learned from the videos and I'm not going to lie to myself I still got ways to go but I do believe that my essay writing has gotten a bit better and will get better the more I do it thanks to watching those videos.


I realised that the essay can't be boring or just a whole summary of what I have been talking about for the past couple of years and I approached it with a new way I just went and talked about what I wanted to talk about I didn't have an introduction I just went ahead and didn't stop, I really talked about my opinion on video game addiction and how it will it increase and how it is creasing and how it is effecting children today in this society.

I also went to compare how young people that are growing up in this generation and on how children growing up in the 70s, 80s and 90s were completely different and how more active and social kids where back then, I also went to talk about how video games and being surrounded by them to much especially at a young age will affect a child life.








Website I used: https://www.theedgerehab.com/blog/asian-countries-recognising-internet-gaming-disorder-as-a-medical-condition/#:~:text=South%20Korea%20South%20Korea%20has%20one%20of%20the,and%2018%20years%20are%20addicted%20to%20video%20gaming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annotated Biblographys

  Annotated Bibliography 1   Utah, Cami Buckley. “Is video game addiction real”. May 13 2020. A recent six-year study, the longest study ever done on video game addiction, found that about 90% of gamers do not play in a way that is harmful or causes negative long-term consequences. A significant minority, though, can become truly addicted to video games and as a result can suffer mentally, socially and behaviorally.   Who wrote the document:  Cami Buckley    What does the document discusses:  The aim of this particular study is to look at the longer terms and impact when it comes to people that have a particular relationship with video games and how playing video games for a period of time can do to a person over time, in this article it was based off of a six year study, the longest study ever done on video game addiction, and it’s also found that 90% of gamers do not play in a way that is harmful or causes negative long term consequences and it’s act...

Tutorial 06

 Week 19(07) In this lesson we learned how to use a user interface which overlays images and text on your science to show information. This section was pretty interesting I'll be honest but I wouldn't say that I enjoyed doing this but it was still pretty interesting to learn for example we learned how to create a UI canvas. We also had to use a rect transform and what that is it's basically still a transform but it has an additional UI data that you can look up later on and there was other functions like the canvas scaler. World interactions was pretty cool we learned how raycasting is very useful to interactive applications because it allows you to detect things like colliders, and I didn't know raycasting has a lot of other options depends on the type of game you are making for example to check whether there is anything between the main characters position and an enemy position.

Week 3-Unity Tutorial 01

 Week 3-Unity Tutorial 01 This is my blog Where I will be discussing my experience while doing Unity Tutorial 01, lesson1.1 was pretty simple the tutorial just shows us the basics on how to start up a project how and where to download your assets and put the assets into the game.We also learned the difference with the game view and scene view, what the project, hierarchy and inspector windows do, the different ways to navigate the 3D space we also learned how to customize  the layout so we can place and organise each of the windows to any spot that where we want it to be.  In lesson1.2  we started ti actual learn how to use functions in unity to make certain commands for a game, we learned how to move the vehicle to go down the road by using code by adding a script to the vehicle so it can move we also added scripts to obstacles as well and added mass to both the obstacle and vehicle to have impact when the vehicle hits the obstacle. In lesson1.3 we learned how chang...